Office of Veteran Affairs
The Office of Veteran Affairs in Campbell County was established to be advocates for our area veterans. They assist veterans and/or their survivors with obtaining entitled benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the State of Tennessee. Our office is a part of and funded by Campbell County, and we are not part of the VA.
Our office works for Campbell County veterans and their survivors.
Director of Office of Veterans Affairs
Along with Deputy Director Gwen Lobertini, Kevin Walden strives to assist Campbell County veterans and their survivors obtain their entitled benefits from the VA and/or State of Tennessee. They are not part of the VA but rather work specifically our county.
705 E. Central Ave.
LaFollette, TN 37766
How We Help
Our office provides expert advice on the various VA and Tennessee benefit programs for veterans, as well as their eligibility requirements and applicaiton procedures. We assist you in completing all necessary forms to apply for benefits and in gathering any other needed supporting documentation to file a proper claim or appeal. Our services also include assisting with resolving any problems from filing a claim and/or getting answers to questions about the laws and regulations that govern veterans’ and survivors’ benefits.
From filing and submitting the benefit claim through the completed claims process, we continue to work with you to ensure you are satisified with the results you receive.
Services we provide include but are not limited to:
- Filing Disability Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Non-Service Connected Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Dependency & Indemnity Compensation Claims with VA
- Filing Widow’s or Survivor’s Pension Claims with VA
- Filing Aid and Attendance Benefits Claims with VA
- Filing Housebound Benefits Claims with VA
- Obtaining discharge documents, military medical records, military personnel records and medals/decorations
- Providing assistance with filing a Disagreement or an Appeal with the VA
- Providing assistance with filing a Debt Waiver or Debt Disagreement Request with the VA
- Provide assistance with Military Discharge Upgrade Requests
- Provide assistance with filing a Burial Benefit claim with the VA
- Provide general info on Tennessee State benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors
- Provide general info on Property Tax Exemption benefits for Disabled Veterans and Eligible Survivors
How do I contact you for assistance?
You can reach us by calling 423-562-3531, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting us at 705 E. Central Ave, LaFollette, TN.
Do you make the decision on my claim?
We cannot make decisions on claims. Our office works with you to assist you in the claims process to help better ensure you have all the forms completed to apply for benefits, as well as an supporting documentation necessary to file a proper claim or an appeal as needed.
Are you affiliated with the US Department of Veterans Affairs?
We are not a part of the VA. Our office is part of and funded by Campbell County. We work for the veterans and their survivors of Campbell County.